You can build your own Turgo Powerplant!
You need to know a few things about your property and water source;
- What is the available head? (Elevation difference between water inlet and outlet locations)
- How long is the proposed or existing pipe? What size?
- What is the available water flow? (typically measured in gallons per minute gpm, liters per second l/s or equivalent volume per time units)
- What do I want to do with the power? (Use it on my site, or sell back to the grid)
- What type of generator do you want to use, AC or DC? (Synchronous, Induction, Permanent Magnet Alternator, Permanent Magnet Motor, etc…)
- Target generator RPM?
Microhydro powerplants are simple and consist of the following key elements;
- Intake structure
- Penstock, or pipeline
- Turbine and nozzle manifold piping with shutoff valve
- Turgo Runner
- Turbine Housing
- Generator (motor, PMA, etc…)
- Electrical Controls (battery charge controller, electronic load controller, etc…)
How to select the right turgo runner?
- We offer pre-sale engineering support to select the right runner based on;
Pick from 50+ different runners